Thursday, June 9, 2011

Moving Day



It amazes me that 2 years have past already. Our time in the Netherlands is coming to an end. Yesterday was my last bike ride to C1000 for food. I said good-bye to Ed the flower guy and the candy man. Funny that these were my two favorite people on the Langstraat. The kids are having their field days at school and saying good-bye to friends. Brooklyn had her last Girl Scout meeting. Jason had his last band practice. I think everyone is doing a good job getting closure. This weekend will be a picnic at the ABF where we say a few more good-byes. The kids only have 3 1/2 days of school left.

The packers are here now and we are heading to a near by hotel to finish out our stay. It's best for the kids I think to keep them out of the house where all their things are packed in boxes. Besides, the hotel has a pool and a play area. It'll be like a mini vacation for them, only they still have to go to school.

We will miss it here, but we have a lot to come home to. We are looking forward to being with our friends and family again. I think I have about 12 albums full of Europian memories. I am glad I stepped out of my comfort zone 2 years ago and made the move over the pond. It was an experience I will never forget.

2 comments:

  1. I got tears in my eyes reading this. Saying goodbye to those who have made your stay there memorable, had to be difficult. We really enjoyed our trips across the "pond", but are so excited to have you coming home again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, that thanks to your adventure, we visited places we may not have seen with absolutely fantastic tour guides. What an experience for each of you. I remember clearly the pit in my stomache 2 yrs ago when we had our last visit before this all began. Its never easy to say goodbye...but its always comforting to say hello...especially to all the friends and family members who can't wait to welcome you home.

    ReplyDelete