This weekend we celebrated Brooklyn’s 8th Birthday. It started on Friday when I took brownies into school for her Birthday treat. After sharing her treat with the class, the children sang “Happy Birthday” in both English and in Dutch. Then she was able to pick out a pencil, bookmark, and book from the class Birthday Box. We finished off the celebration by me reading a book to the class. It was very nice. Then on Saturday morning, Brooklyn woke up to a room full of balloons. This is a tradition in my family, one that I hope continues forever. I still hope that on the morning of my birthday each year I wake up to balloons! On Saturday night, Brooklyn had 4 friends over for a slumber party. We had pizza and cake, played Freeze Dance and Musical Chairs, the girls put on a talent show for us, and we ended the night with a movie and popcorn. They were up in Brooklyn’s room around 11:00pm and they finally fell asleep around 1:00am. The next morning they were all up by 7:30. I made them breakfast while they lounged around watching television. The last little girl was picked up by 10:00 am. All in all, they did very well. I survived my first slumber party as a mom.
Monday, January 24, 2011
My Baby Girl is 8yrs. Old!
This weekend we celebrated Brooklyn’s 8th Birthday. It started on Friday when I took brownies into school for her Birthday treat. After sharing her treat with the class, the children sang “Happy Birthday” in both English and in Dutch. Then she was able to pick out a pencil, bookmark, and book from the class Birthday Box. We finished off the celebration by me reading a book to the class. It was very nice. Then on Saturday morning, Brooklyn woke up to a room full of balloons. This is a tradition in my family, one that I hope continues forever. I still hope that on the morning of my birthday each year I wake up to balloons! On Saturday night, Brooklyn had 4 friends over for a slumber party. We had pizza and cake, played Freeze Dance and Musical Chairs, the girls put on a talent show for us, and we ended the night with a movie and popcorn. They were up in Brooklyn’s room around 11:00pm and they finally fell asleep around 1:00am. The next morning they were all up by 7:30. I made them breakfast while they lounged around watching television. The last little girl was picked up by 10:00 am. All in all, they did very well. I survived my first slumber party as a mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment