Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Weather

Every night before going to bed I check to see what the weather will be for the following day. This has become an inside joke for Jason and I. I check because I need to plan what Brooklyn will wear for school the next morning. The temperature forecast is usually pretty accurate. The joke is whether it will be sunny, cloudy or rainy. For example, the other night I did my routine weather check. The forecast said 71 and sunny. There was no rain anywhere in the forecast for the next 5 days. I was very excited because the boys had school the next day and the last time they had school I was caught on my bike in a down pour. So imagine my surprise when I was getting ready to take them to school and it was raining. No sun...just rain. The only way to get an accurate account for the weather is to look out the window.

As for riding my bike in the rain, I just have to laugh. I really don't have a choice. The boys need to go to school and get picked up at certain times. I can't just wait around for the rain to let up. Luckily, the carrier the boys ride in can be covered. So even though I am soaked to the bone, they remain dry. I take comfort in that I am not alone in the rain. Everyone is right out there with me riding their bikes. I have also had to endure some pretty strong winds. I pedal as hard as I can against the wind and I still barely go anywhere. I have also been almost blown off my bike. It amazes me that with the weather the way it is, so many people here use bikes as their primary mode of transportation. Like Brooklyn has said before, "It's the Netherland way". I can't wait to see what the winter will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment