Jason's parents spent 5 extremely busy days with us. Thankfully we had good weather while they were here because Jason had every minute scheduled for something. Due to the weather in New York, Jim and Jean arrived about 6 hrs. later then planned, so that put a small glitch in Jason's agenda. We spent their first afternoon in town walking through shops, showing them what our town had to offer. We kept it low key for their first day here since they had been awake for 30 hrs. straight. Friday morning we got up and drove to Efteling Fairytale Park. The kids did great agian, they really like it there. I think we will be investing in season passes next year. On Saturday, we spent the day at Wassenaar beach and the evening in Amsterdam. We had a sitter for the kids so the adults could enjoy a night out. We took the bus to the nearest train station, then the train into Amsterdam. We toured The Anne Frank House then took an evening canal cruise. We did a lot of walking, but got to see a lot of Amsterdam in a short amount of time. Sunday, we took the bus to The Hague and a tram to Madurodam (a miniature Holland). This was fun for the kids, especially Brooklyn, because they had little Bert and Ernie figures hidden throughout the scenes for kids to find. Brooklyn loves "I Spy" type of activities. Then it was back on the tram to Schevenigen beach where we walked the boardwalk and had dinner and ice cream. Unfortunately, we ran into a small problem getting home. It took us a little while to figured out bus routes and schedules, but we eventually got it. Monday, we ended their visit with breakfast at a pancake house and a trip to Delft. Then in the evening, we went to Noordwijk beach for dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant.
It was a lot to do in 5 days and it will take awhile to find my way out of piles of laundry, but it was nice to have visitors. I wish we had people scheduled to visit us once a month. We have my parents coming in October, but September and November are open. Any takers? Time here is going by slowly and I am terribly homesick. I am looking forward to December when we are home for 2 1/2 weeks. Jason will have to drag me back on the plane when our visit is over.

Awww, I'm sad to hear that you're so homesick. I would think if you keep up the kind of schedule you had last week the days will fly by! It looks like you had a lot of fun...I love seeing the pictures of everything. We can't wait until December either!!!!
ReplyDelete